Guess what? I’m AVAILABLE FOR HIRE.
In 2009 I started out as a Sole Trader, initially a delivery service for a local retailer and then anyone looking for a cheaper alternative for home deliveries around town from other retailers. I managed this on top of being a sole parent of teenagers. Back in 2002, I made the decision to leave a multinational oilfield service company to raise the kids after my wife died, leaving behind twenty years of experience, travel, friends and the money to pay out the mortgage within ten years of course. However, as with any decision like that, there is a risk that I will have to relearn the latest oilfield practices survive if I want to get back in to oil and gas exploration.
The case here and now: kids getting older and losing assistance for them, and the present career choice is limited in ability to pay off the house and feed me… So as of today, I am looking for new employment or at least contacts within my network for some opportunities in the local area in my field of experience as a Mudlogger, a MWD engineer, or Basic Wellesite Geologist. Or IT in general or even tutoring. Or more dependable courier work too!
The first question, of course, is why not just start back in the oilfield straight away? And my answer is, for now, I will, if the kids can be cared for, but it is the medium term, four to six years I am really looking at. I am willing to be taking on consulting starting immediately, working from home anyway, analysing logs for example. A prospective consultant recommended that I start back at the bottom. I can do that.
However, working with and for the companies back then and now, I learned a few things about myself. Most importantly being: I love working with a team again, and love bringing in ‘new’ fields.
It is because of this that I am ideally looking for another full time position or part time, either with:
- Oil field service company. Preferably working in a team, maybe overseeing the crew in analytics and development.
- A small exploration group in oil and gas or Geothermal sources. The majority of my experience in oil and gas exploration Australia wide, both on and off shore, with some overseas work and supervising a team, implementing new technology in the field.
My passion lies in the creativity that I can bring with unique ideas and experience and working with clients & an internal team is the best of both. The majority of my experience in oil and gas exploration Australia wide, both on and off shore, with some overseas work and supervising a team, implementing new technology in the field.
Preferably I would like to work in Gippsland, with a daily commute
So, how can you help?
- Immediately – if you know anyone looking for consulting or support, either virtually or in the Gippsland, please send them my way.
- With a full-time position – my complete resume is available to share, or you can share my linkedin profile, email…and of course, this post can be forwarded as well.
- Personally – a few good thoughts would be great! Life has an interesting way of working itself out – and I know with a little work and some awesome friends and connections, it will in this case as well.
Thanks in advance to all of you – for supporting this blog and any help you may be able to lend in my hunt for a new position.
[Thanks to Kirsten Wright for such a great template]